White bean & salmon salad bowl
Gluten free, Dairy free, GDM friendly (2 carbohydrate exchanges)
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 2 x salmon fillets
- 2 cups salad leaves (baby spinach, rocket) or chopped cabbage
- 1 cup corn kernals
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped into halves
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into slices then quartered
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut into small pieces
- 1 can of white (cannelini beans)
- 1 Tbs tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tbs olive oil, plus extra for cooking
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 large avocado
Section 1 - Salmon, corn & veggies
On a baking tray, drizzled with Olive oil, place salmon fillets + corn kernals + cherry tomatoes + capsicum + red onion + zucchini. Place in oven on medium heat for approx 15minutes (or until cooked).
Section 2 - White bean dip
In a food processor or thermomix or mortar & pestel, process the white beans + garlic + olive oil + tahini.
Section 3 - Combine to make bowl
Place salad leaves/cabbage at base of bowl. Top with baked salmon, corn & veggies, then add 1/2 cup of white bean dip to each bowl. Top with avocado and nuts.